Bayside Engineering provided the following services to the private utility NSTAR while acting as a construction manager, liaison and inspector between the utility, the various contractors performing the new fiber optic cable utility installation work and the City of Somerville municipal offices, local businesses, residents and community groups.
- Notify the community of upcoming construction activities.
- Meet with the City of Somerville officials to help obtain all required permits for street occupancy and/or traffic control.
- Keep the City of Somerville informed of the project work schedule.
- Respond to inquires from the City of Somerville.
- Arrange and moderate public meetings with local community groups as required.
- Daily inspections of the progress and status of all work.
- Keep a daily record of any contacts, meeting messages, complaints, or requests from the City of Somerville, abutters, businesses or any local community group.
- Write a weekly progress status report.
NSTAR selected Bayside to provide the above services based upon the City of Somerville’s recommendation and Bayside’s proven success with similar construction coordination and community liaison projects through dense urban business districts and neighborhoods.