Bayside Engineering’s structural engineering team designs, builds, and oversees salt shed projects of varying types and sizes in municipal sectors. Our cost-effective, practical solutions are technically sound and ensure the integrity and safety of your assets.
Project Professional services include:
- Studies and evaluations for selection of the optimum salt shed type based on storage needs of the client, as well as spatial constraints
- Building, foundation and site design, including evaluation of subsurface conditions and environmental impacts in accordance with the latest codes
- Soil investigations in areas suspect to contamination or of known contamination. These include sampling and testing of soils, reports and assisting in the preparation of soils and dewatering management plans when required by the conditions
- Providing services as the Structural Engineer of Record (SER) per the Massachusetts State Building Code and the International Building Code (IBC) including preparation of the Schedule of Special Tests and Inspections. Bayside also aids in the selection and retaining of independent testing agencies when requested.
- Preparing cost estimates and assisting in the preparation of bidding documents
- During the bid phase, assist in the review of qualified general bids and filed sub-bids and the selection of contractors
- Providing construction oversight, including review of shop drawings and deliverables from the contractor, construction inspections and reports, addressing construction issues and other aspects of construction services
- Preparation of Initial and Final Construction Control Documents and final punchlist inspection and building acceptance